- What type of information we do collect?
- How do we collect the information?
- Why do we collect information?
- Where do we store the information?
- How do we transfer the information?
TotaliHost takes the collection, processing and further storing of information very seriously for our customers to have peace of mind when trusting our services with their personal details. The collection and usage of personal information by TotaliHost is intended only for us to provide our customers with the best-in-class Web Hosting Service.
TotaliHost may collect personal information about customers of our Services relying on few important sources including but not limited to:
- Information provided via our Client Dashboard for every User Account.
- Information provided via our order forms upon signing up for services with TotaliHost.
- Information provided with the usage of our Website and Chat services.
- Information provided with the usage of our Ticketing System and other technical support communication channels.
- Information provided by any third-party websites, services, and partners of TotaliHost.
The personal information that we collect from our clients is:
- Billing Address
- Telephone number
- Date of birth
- Email address
- Other data collected that could directly or indirectly identify you.
If our customers have any questions in regard to how their data is being kept, they can submit their inquiries directly to our Data Protection Offices or our data protection support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Collection of Information
We collect information related to your usage of our services. This is not linked to any personally identifiable information. This information is automatically collected when you utilize your service/s with us and it may contain metadata, log files, IP address and date and time.
We collect information from cookies, web beacons, pixels, tags, and other similar tracking technologies used on our website. We send a cookie (small piece of data) which is stored in the currently used web browser on your device. They allow us to track your browsing behavior and easily create a profile to offer you tailored advertising based on your preferences.
We do not knowingly collect information from individuals under the age of 18. If you are aware anyone under the age of 18 provided us with personal information, please contact us at privacy@TotaliHost.com and we will immediately take the necessary steps for removing the data.
The collection of information can be divided into the following few types.
- Information provided by the customer is the type of personal information that is willingly provided to TotaliHost. Such information is required when the customer uses our website and any of the services that we offer. On our website you will be specifically asked for personal information in one of the following cases:
- When chatting with our Sales Agents via our Live Chat service – Upon initiating a Live Chat conversation with our Sales agents a visitor will be asked to provide us with information such as their name, email address, phone number, and any message that the customer would like us to receive. The type of personal information we collect from our customers may vary depending on the inquiry they have. If for some reason our agents require from our customers any additional personal information they will clearly state the reason why they request such and only if the client is agreed, they can send the required information.
- When purchasing a service with us – When a client purchases a service with TotaliHost a standard registration form will ask the customer to fill their personal information so we can be able to create the customer’s account in our system. The typically required personal information on our sign up form is as follows: name, company name, address, email address, and telephone number. Additionally when a domain name is being registered the customer will be asked to provide us with additional mandatory information for domain’s contacts such as administrative contact, technical contact and billing contact. This information will be passed to our accredited registrar.
- When you submit a contact form on our website – When a client decides to contact us using the contact form available on the “Contact Us” page of our website, the client will be asked to supply the following personal information: name, email address, and message. The information in question will be transmitted over email and will be used and stored internally for our company needs. Personal information submitted over our Contact Us form is not disclosed to any third parties.
- Payment Information – Upon purchasing a service with TotaliHost the customer will be asked to willingly provide payment information to our website. TotaliHost does not keep the full information on file. Instead, when the payment information is submitted it is encrypted and directly sent to the third-party Payment Processor. Please note that in case of need TotaliHost can extract payment information from our payment processor.
- Information collected when the customer uses our services is that type of information that our system automatically collect and store for company internal usage.
- Web Server Logging – The information is collected in log files related to the accessed pages and activities on our website, Client Dashboard and other related products and services that we offer. The collected information may include IP addresses, web browser type, internet service provider, referring/exit pages, device operating system, date/time stamp of the executed action, clickstream data, landing page, and referring URL.
The personal information in question is being collected for us to better understand our customers, their needs and of course to be able to offer a better user experience on our systems. Another type of collected information is demographic information. This type of personal information is used to make the customers browsing and purchasing experience more enjoyable. The demographical personal information is not liked to any information that can identify the visitor as a person or entity except as necessary to prevent fraud orders or abuse of our systems.
Additional data that we may collect is related to customer’s interaction with our website and further information about the used features of our services.
- Usage of TotaliHost service – The following information will be collected when the customer is utilizing our services: processor and memory usage, storage capacity, navigation of our Services, and system-level metrics. The collected information is used only for internal purposes and it is not disclosed with any third parties. The purpose of collecting these types of information is to maintain and improve the performance and utilization of the offered services, introduce new features and protect the security and safety of our services and our customers. Lastly, this information is collected purely with business development purposes. Meaning that our Management uses the information to develop or improve our services and to introduce improved procedures for handling our customers.
- Client Testimonials – Our customers may be asked or they may willingly provide verbal or text endorsement of our services based on their personal experience and website results from our services. Since the provided feedback will be 100% genuine and customer provided TotaliHost reserves the right to use any testimonials with advertisement purposes to promote our Services in-person, in print, online, and all other media. TotaliHost may edit the received testimonial so it can be grammatically correct, however, we cannot change the overall rating and customer opinion presented in the submitted testimonial.
By purchasing and using our services the customer agrees that TotaliHost may use the following personal information when publically presenting the testimonial: first name, last initial, home state, voice or likeness, and/or contact information. If a customer would like us to remove such disclosed information, they can contact us anytime at privacy@TotaliHost.com with concrete request and we will do our best to remove the publication in the shortest term possible.
- Social Media – Our website utilizes social media “Like” buttons. Upon clicking on such a button the customer agrees that a third-party service may collect personal information such as IP address and the page that the customer is currently situated at. Furthermore, the third-party social service may or may not set a cookie for their feature to work properly. Social Media features and custom code may be hosted by a third-party or our website. The customer’s interactions and share of personal information with such services is a subject of the company policies for the entity providing the service.
- Information we receive from third-parties – This type of information we may or may not receive by third-party services or entities where the customer has active or inactive services.
- Third-Party Partners of TotaliHost – At some point TotaliHost may receive information about our customers from our third-party partners. In such cases, the information will be combined with all other information we collect and will be used for improving the customer’s browsing experience on our website and overall satisfaction from our services.
- Information collected by our customers – Our customers may collect personal information by their visitors or their clients. In such cases, the information is not controlled nor stored by TotaliHost so we will not disclose that personal information except if authorized by our customers. If for some reason a visitor of our client’s websites has any concerns about their personal information and the way it is handled, they should contact the owner of the website or ask us to do so. TotaliHost will act in good faith and will pass the message without disclosing any personal information about the visitor or the owner of the website.
How TotaliHost use the collected personal information?
TotaliHost uses the collected personal information mainly to conduct business, provide technical support and chat services for the products we offer, a better understanding of the client’s needs and interests, and improving services. The following examples illustrate the purposes of the collected personal information from our clients:
- Provision and operation of our Services.
- Product maintenance, analysis, and improvement for the effectiveness of our Website and Services.
- Advertising and Marketing.
- Analysis and understanding of how our customers interact with our service for us to provide better tailored for our customers’ needs experience.
- Development of new services, functionalities, and features.
- Provide for our customers’ information about any ongoing promotions, discounts, important company updates, and other useful information.
- Personalizing content and advertisement for our customers.
- Processing of payment transactions.
- Fraud detection and prevention of service abuse.
- Compliance purposes including legal rights.
How TotaliHost share collected personal information?
The personal information that we collect is only shared with third-party services as they request or need it on our behalf. The company/entities that we share information with are restricted by data processing terms and conditions so they cannot utilize, share or retain your personal data for any other purpose than the specifically contracted with TotaliHost or without your consent.
- Vendors and Service Providers – TotaliHost may share your personal information with third-party vendors and service providers selling or providing services on our behalf. Such services include but are not limited to helping to provide TotaliHost services, promotional and marketing purposes, providing our customers with information relevant to their interest such as product announcements, software updates, special offers and any other information they find useful.
- Targeted Advertising – TotaliHost works with third-party advertising companies to provide our customers with ads based on the customer’s activities on our website and any products they have purchased with TotaliHost. The advertising partners may or may not set their cookies, pixel tags, and similar technologies on our products or services. Furthermore, they may collect or have access to personal information related to such activities to provide our customers with ads based on their browsing activities and interests
TotaliHost may utilize some third-party mailing services to provide web-based and email-based ads for TotaliHost services after a customer has visited and then left the TotaliHost website. TotaliHost and our partners fully comply with “opt-out” browser signals provided by the customer’s web browser or by a user manually opting-out from web-based ads or by a user using the “unsubscribe” link contained in the advertisement email.
- Analytics – TotaliHost used web analytics services provided by Google and other partners. The purpose of these services is that we would like to improve the usability and the design of our customer’s experience. The Analytics services place persistent cookies in the visitor’s browser to identify the customer as a unique user next time the customer visits our website. Each of the set cookies cannot be used by anyone else besides the service provider that set the cookie initially. Google provides very useful articles in regards to its Analytics cookies and some additional privacy options. You can review the information at the following link http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/ .
- Business Transfers – Information may be disclosed and otherwise transferred to any potential acquirer, successor, or assignee as part of any proposed merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of assets, or similar transaction, or in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which information is transferred to one or more third parties as one of our business assets.
- As Required by Law and Similar Disclosures – TotaliHost may share collected personal information due to:
- Any applicable law, regulation, legal process or government request.
- Investigation of potential violations of this agreement.
- Fraud, security or technical issues.
- Response to the owner of the information.
This also includes the exchanging of information with other companies and services with fraud protection purposes.
- With our customer’s consent – Collected personal information may be disclosed also with the consent of the customer the personal information belongs to.
Legal reasons for the collection and processing of personal information
The legal reasons for collecting the described in this document personal information depends on two factors:
- The concerned personal information.
- The context in which the information is being collected.
Normally we will collect personal information from you only in the following cases:
- When we need the information for signing a contract with the customer.
- When we have customer’s consent to collect their personal information.
- When the collection and further processing of personal information does not violate customer’s rights.
TotaliHost needs the collection and processing of personal information to respond adequately to customers’ queries, improving our platforms and services, performing marketing or for the purpose to detect and prevent any illegal activities.
In rare cases, TotaliHost may have a legal obligation to collect personal information from our customers needed to protect the customer’s interest or the interest of another person or entity.
In case the customer is asked specifically to provide personal information it will comply with legal requirements or for performing different contracts with the customer. In such cases we will inform the customer before any information is being collected or processed. Furthermore, we will also inform our customers if the provision of their personal information is a mandatory condition or not.
Third-party websites or services
Through our website https://www.TotaliHost.com our customer may or may not access third-party services by clicking on the different links that we provide. TotaliHost holds no responsibility for the privacy policies of the third-party websites we are linking to, and we strongly suggest that the customer should review the privacy and cookie policies of any third-party website that is accessed through our website.
Security of Personal Information
TotaliHost strives to take all the appropriate technical, physical and organizational measures to protect your personal information against theft, loss and unauthorized use. All data collected is transmitted in an SSL encrypted form, all data stored is protected by encryption.
The used measures for the security of our customers’ personal information are physical, electronic and managerial procedures. Those are designed to provide a level of security proportional to the risk of processing customers’ personal information.
TotaliHost implemented login expiration and session management systems to prevent unauthorized access to your account. We strongly advise our customers to set up Two-factor authentication as an additional protection measurement.
Although we do our best to protect your personal information – no data transmission over the Internet can be a 100% secure guarantee.
Retention of Personal Information
TotaliHost retains collected personal information from the customer only when we have the legitimate need to do so. For example – for providing services to our clients or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements. These requirements might include retention periods:
- mandated by law, contract or similar obligations applicable to our business operations;
- for preserving, resolving, defending or enforcing our legal/contractual rights; or
- needed to maintain adequate and accurate business and financial records.
We will retain your personal information for as long as you are our customer. Your account information will be kept for a period of 30 days counted from the moment you no longer have any active services with us.
If a customer would like us to delete the personal information they can submit such requests via the Client Dashboard -> Personal details -> Privacy. When we receive such a request, we will act in the best interest of our customer and we will remove the collected personal information except in the cases when the information is required to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements.
Access to the collected personal information
TotaliHost allows for access to the collected personal information but only for the person or entity, the information belongs to. Our customers can review, update or change subscription preferences via the Client Dashboard -> My Account -> My Details section.
If the customer submits a request for the deletion of their personal information, and the information is required for the products or services they have purchased with TotaliHost, the deletion request will be honored but only if the same is no longer needed for any Services purchased or required for our legitimate business purpose. If the customer terminates service with TotaliHost, any public activity on the terminated account before the account deletion will remain stored on our servers and it may be accessible to the public.
To protect the customer’s privacy and security, upon receiving a request for updating or removing personal information, TotaliHost may take additional reasonable steps to verify the customer’s identity.
The provided personal information by the customer may be archived or stored periodically depending on the backup procedures we have with disaster recovery purposes. The customer’s ability to access and edit their personal information may be temporarily limited in case the customer prevent the TotaliHost ability to:
- Comply with laws and legal obligations.
- Investigate make or defend legal claims.
Additionally, the customer’s ability to access and edit information may also be limited as a result of disclosure of personal information about a third-party or as a result in a breach of contract or disclosure of trade secrets or other proprietary business information belonging to TotaliHost or a third party.
Data protection rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
The General Data Protection Regulation is valid for residents of the EEA (European Economic Area) and under these regulations, these customers may take advantage of the following rights:
- Right of access – Every customer resident of the EEA has the right to receive access to their personal data. To access the information, all customers of TotaliHost can access the “My Details” section of the Client Dashboard where all provided personal information can be received. Additionally, every customer resident or the EEA can request a copy of the provided personal information by submitting the appropriate request on our email privacy@TotaliHost.com. Furthermore, the customers, residents of the EEA can object or refuse the processing of their personal information by submitting a request on our privacy@TotaliHost.com email address.
- Right to prevent processing for direct marketing – Customers, residents to the EEA can withdraw their consent for their personal information to be used for marketing purposes by TotaliHost or any third-parties by submitting such request on our privacy@TotaliHost.com email address. Also, customers can execute this right by using the “Unsubscribe” or “opt-out” links in the marketing correspondence sent by TotaliHost.
- Right to withdraw the consent of personal information being processed – Customers, residents of the EEA can withdraw their consent at any time for information that is already collected and processed. Doing so will not affect the lawful aspect of the processing of personal information we have conducted before customers withdraw.
- Right to withdraw consent for these Privacy and Security policies – Customers, residents of the EEA have the right to withdraw their consent for our Privacy and Security policies by submitting a withdraw request on our privacy@TotaliHost.com email address. If such request is submitted we will honor it, however, we will be unable to continue providing any sort of service to our customers meaning that either the customer will have to discontinue their services with us first or we will be forced to perform our right of service cancellation once we receive such request. TotaliHost is not responsible for any data loss due to submitted requests before having a full backup of the data hosted on the services subject to cancellation.
- Right to complain to data protection authority – Customers, residents to the EEA have the right to submit complains to Data Protection Authorities related to the collection and use of personal information by TotaliHost. For further information and requirements on the complaints please contact any local Data Protection Authority.
- Right to be forgotten – Customers, residents to the EEA have the right to submit a request that will terminate all personal information that TotaliHost has collected and processed previously. Such requests should be submitted to our privacy@TotaliHost.com email address. If we receive such a request we will honor it, however, the following consequences can be expected:
- Client Dashboard account and personal details will be permanently deleted.
- Any Hosting Services under the same client area will be canceled and terminated.
- Any data hosted on web hosting accounts that should be terminated as a result of the Right to be Forgotten will be deleted – emails, databases, files, folders and any other types of data.
- Invoices, Billing information, and other billing-related data will be deleted and no longer accessible.
- Payment and credit card information will be permanently deleted.
- Support tickets, sales chats, and other communication-related information will be deleted.
- What information is collected?
- How the collected information is being used?
- Under what circumstances, if such, we will disclose the collected information?
International Data Transmission
If you access our website, utilize our services and/or initiate communication via our support channels from a country other than the country our servers are located, that may result in transferring any data collected across international borders. We strive to make all the necessary steps to ensure all the data is transferred securely.
Contacts and Requests
All customers can submit questions, requests, and demands on our privacy@TotaliHost.com email address. All requests submitted to that email account will be responded within 30 days of their receiving.
The data controller of our customers’ personal information is TotaliHost.